Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hummus and Chicken Sandwich from Blood Mountain

Ingredients:
Bread, preferably wheat or whole grain
Red Pepper Hummus
Oven Roasted Chicken sliced Deli Meat (I got a pound for 9 people)
Muenster Cheese
Spinach, remove the stems
Dried Rosemary
Cracked Pepper

Instructions:
I take the construction of my sandwiches pretty serious. So, this is the order I recommend.
On each peace of bread, spread some hummus, like you would mayonnaise. On one piece place 1 or 2 pieces of deli meat. Next, a piece of muenster cheese, and then the spinach. I like to put the pepper and rosemary on the other piece with the hummus so that it sticks and will be evenly distributed. Then close the sandwich, and I like to cut them in half before the hike. Then you don't have to eat it all at once if you don't want to.

I always make at least a couple of extra sandwiches for a hike. Some people want one and a half sandwiches, which is a place where being cut in half comes in handy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so very much. Thank you for commenting!